Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Key to My Heart

The boys loved their "iPods"! Okay maybe Chris loved his and Nathan was too busy ripping into to it trying to find candy...but whatever they were a hit.

The "sweetest" thing about my Valentines was the Key to My Heart Cupcakes I made. But Boy were they labor intensive, wrapping the bottoms and cutting out all the heart and key shapes?!?!?


Then I "created" an impromptu cake stand. I don't own a real one but the cupcakes were just to darling to throw them on a plain plate and call it a day. So I took a candle holder and placed the plain white plate on top and then used a little bud vase and the smaller version of the same plate for the second tier. I won't win any awards but, it seemed like a more grand presentation that slapped on a plate.


( I got the wrapper and topper printable set from PaperScissorsCake on ETSY and bought these adorable circus dog ones at the same time, I can't wait to use them for one of the kids Birthdays? or maybe the end of school celebration? I'm sure I'll come up with an excuse soon...)

No comments: