Tuesday, June 3, 2008

It's been a bad day

The Speech course I was suppose to start for Nathan today was cancelled...I took him to the babysitter anyways, and had a morning all to myself.
That was actually the good part of my day.
He was apparently pretty good, although they were surprised by how "constantly active" he is....
ha ha
I was sure how it would go, the moment I set him down, he chased the cat, then when the cat got away he picked up a broom in the kitchen and started wandering around with that, and then dropped it to go dump a bowl of cat food all over the floor...that was his first 30 seconds in the house...
but apparently he played really well with Noah- who spent all morning calling him Neh neh.
The Plumber called at 11:30 and said he was on his way... so I had to rush out and pick up Nathan to be back in time...
The News from the Plumber was disastrous...they want to basically rip out half the plumbing in the bathroom and under the floor, and put another hole in the wall through the spare bedroom...all for the bargain price of 700 dollars. Yikes!!!!
I have to spend tomorrow trying to find another plumber for another estimate...because I'm pretty sure it's just the seal in the drain...and not actually all the pipes...
I talked to Dad who recommended I pull out the drain, and take it to Home Depot and see if they can set me up with a new seal...then see if that fixes the problem before I lay out 700.
The problem is I can't get the drain out...I'm either not strong enough to turn it, or I'm using the wrong tools or its rusted itself together...
I was just about to cry...
And I got a phone call....
They want me in Edmonton for a job interview for the Youth Advisor Job I wanted so bad!!!
That Turned My day around at least for a little bit...
But I also got to write the dreaded e-mail tonight telling everyone we've decided to postpone the Wedding
that was hard to write...the only thing I can hope and pray for now, is that it'll be worth it if I get this job...
But I still have a million things to do...including pick a realtor...I e-mailed about 15 to 20 last night...and some of them have gotten back to me,
the news isn't great...there's a lot of houses on the market, and the prices are starting to slide,
which makes me sit back and consider renting this place instead of selling...but being 6 hours away??? and knowing a lot of renters are idiots?

So I've been all over the place today...especially with e-mails and phone calls...Realtors, plumbers, babysitters, dog sitters, looking at rentals here and Edmonton...and basically feeling like
I HAVE ENTIRELY TOO MUCH ON MY PLATE!!!!!

No comments: