Monday, June 2, 2008

I Took His Hand and Followed

"I Took His Hand and Followed


My dishes went unwashed today, I didn't make the bed.

I took his hand and followed where his eager footsteps led.


Oh yes, we went adventuring, my little son and I...

Exploring all the great outdoors beneath the summer sky.


We waded in a crystal stream, we wandered through a wood...

My kitchen wasn't swept today but life was gay and good.


We found a cool, sun dappled glade and no my small son knows

How Mother Bunny hides her nest, where the jack-in-the-pulpit grows.


We watched a robin feed her young, we climbed a sunlit hill...

Saw cloud-sheep scamper through the sky, we plucked a daffodil.


That my house was neglected, that I didn't brush the stairs,

In twenty years, no one on earth will know, or even care.


But that I've helped my little boy to noble manhood grow,

In twenty years, the whole wide world may look and see and know."


-Author Unknown

Nathan, Was busy at the park today, a cat came to visit...and Nathan was determined it was going to play with him...in the picture he's chasing it across the park, although you can't quite see the cat really well since I wasn't fast enough with the camera.

It was pretty funny, really. At one point the poor cat was surrounded by 4 two year olds that wanted to play with it. It didn't like that idea for very long and beelined for the rod iron fence at the grey house in the background of the picture...the kids followed, and Nathan was so determined it was going to play with him, he stayed for 5 minutes trying to figure out if he could squish himself through the fence to go after the cat...it was entertaining.

No comments: