Tuesday, April 22, 2008

This made me laugh today

I got this out of Reader's Digest (yes, I am someone I never thought I'd become reading read's digest on a regular basis), it came in the mail today... it mad me laugh out loud...and reminded me of my Dad, especially when I've obviously bored him with too many wedding details in one conversation! You can always tell, because he starts talking about what he's working on, and on which car...

REASON NO.4 WHY GUYS DON'T WRITE ADVICE COLUMNS


Dear Abie,

The other day, I set off for work, leaving my husband in the house watching TV. I hadn't gone more than a kilometre or two when my engine conked out, and the car shuddered to a halt. I walked back hom, only to find my husband making love to our neighbour.
My Husband was let go from his job six months ago, and he says he has been feeling increasingly depressed and worthless. I love him very much, but don't know if I can trust him anymore. What should I do?

Sincerely,
Fustrated


Dear Fustrated,

A car stalling can be caused by a variety of faults with the engine. Check for debris in the fuel line. If it's clear, check the "jubilee" clips holding the vacuum pipes onto the inlet manifold. Or maybe the fuel pump itself is faulty, causing low delivery pressure to the carburetor float chamber.
I hope this helps.

No comments: