Friday, July 10, 2009

Flowers flowers everywhere

Nathan and I spent our evening gardening together, actually that's not entirely true first we went to Wal-mart to get the potting soil, some big boy undies oh and McDonald's for dinner...then we spent the rest of the night wedding and planting.
I know it's super late to be planting flowers, but after the July long weekend they go on sale for 50 % off, and seeing as I'll probably kill at least half I figure the math works out in the end...sort of!
After weeding the big horse trough/planter out front I just put Nathan right into it; to help me dig the holes. As you can see in the pic below it's a little too tall for him to try and reach into.


All I can say is the flowers are "well planted" or at least well packed into the soil since I think that most of them got stepped on at least once.

(my poor lily got the worst abuse of all the plants, Chris broke one of the blooms off before we were even out of the store and Nathan stepped on it, and I think he may have snapped the stem of the remaining bloom...so maybe I'll have pretty lilies next year ?!?!?)
I also had to dig some back out, since Nathan thought they need to be completely cover over in dirt. But hey he was helping.

This is the special plant that Nathan got to pick out himself...I think it's pretty cool looking, I've never seen one before it's called a candy corn plant...

He's also an expert waterer. I think that needs to become his new chore.

No comments: