Saturday, July 26, 2008

I've created a small monster

For obvious reasons I've spent a lot of time cleaning in the last few weeks...and Nathan has picked up on this. The other morning I spent his breakfast wiping down the kitchen counters, as soon as he was let down from the highchair he grabbed a sponge and started wiping the window and the table, it was pretty cute...
but tonight was a whole new phenomenon.
At a showing last week some idiot broke the child lock on the cabinet under the sink, its caused other issues like a monkey being able to hit the garborator switch...but... tonight I was washing something in the sink and Nathan zip past me pulled open the side with the broken lock and reached across to flip open the garbage lid on the other door and slipped something in.
I was quite proud of him to know where garbage goes...
but then I realized the whole house shouldn't have any garbage we'd had a showing only a few hours ago...
curious to see what he was throwing out I opened the garbage...
he'd thrown out a seasoning package...the problem is he'd pulled it out of the spice cupboard himself, and then after he'd crumpled it he decided it was garbage and threw it out unused.
I looked through the rest of the garbage thinking it shouldn't be as full as it was, since I emptied the bag just this morning...apparently he's been doing this all day...

No comments: