Friday, July 25, 2008

Jilted bride gets national TV attention

Jilted bride gets national TV attention
This story seems to be getting a lot of attention right now, I watched it on the news last night, and people were making comments that "it's scary that an engagement can be seen as a legal contract that you can get sued for"
- but I have to totally side with the Bride here. I think she deserved some compensation. She gave up a lucrative career to move to the state of her fiance and took a job paying 50 thousand less a year. Then he dumps her??? It's not like she sued him for an outrageous amount to me that seems like a fair settlement for disrupting her life and not following through on the commitment. I mean she gives up everything to move and go be with him because she wants to spend the rest of her life with him. He changes his mind, and she's making 50 thou a year less and is in another state???
I'd be a little more skeptical if she'd been awarded millions for this...but 150 seems fair for the hardship and the loss of wage.

No comments: