Monday, January 12, 2009

Get Walking

I bought this Pedometer months ago, and never had the time to sit down and figure out how to set it up. You have to calculate the length of your stride, and enter you weight etc. so it can give you readouts of everything like calories burned blah blah blah.

Anyways, the manual says Ideally you should be aiming for 10,000 steps per day. I of course thought "hey no problem"...I've been feeling like I've got buns of steel since we moved into this town house with a million stairs, I'm up and down them 100 times a day. apparently not...

this was my reading at 10:30 tonight

Now I'm not going to start whining that this thing doesn't work, even though right after I took the picture I went upstairs threw some things in Nathan's room came back down and it now read 2541...hmmm...

but on the other hand it did add like 200 extra steps because I left it clipped on while driving today.

I've learned that it does need to be in a certain position to work properly... So I'm going to keep trying...

but what really scares me is ideally 10,000 steps and my first day I'm at like a 1/4...that's so bad. I think my goal will be to add at LEAST 500 steps per day.

Maybe I'll start posting my yesterday totals each day so I can have a log of if I'm improving. Obviously I'm no where near what I thought I was doing.

No comments: